Blender Conference – Gdańsk 2013
June 1-2, 2013, Gdańsk
The Conference is OVER
I would like to say big thank you to everybody involved. Some detailed info is released already, and more will be released soon.
You can find the old page content below:
We are inviting you to International Blender Conference YABC-2013. The conference will be partially translated between EN-PL languages. All lectures will be recorded by a professional TV team. We also established high-end computers for tests, if you will be interested, equipped with high-end NVIDIA GPUs. There is a number of gurus invited both from Europe and from Poland. Travel costs and accomodation expenses are refunded for speakers. There is no conference fee! Let’s go, and register now!
Al. Zwycięstwa 96/98, 81 – 451 Gdynia, Poland
Information and secretary
The whole conference programme is ready! The registration for speakers is closed, however, you can still submit your title, we just don’t guarantee that there will be time for you to speak :) Go to the program here.
There are famous and highly skilled gurus invited already. Many of them works with Blender and represent a professional experience. It is worth to come and listen to them! Here you can find a list with some info about them (currently polish version, TBC).
The main goal of the conference is to discuss and review the newest features in Blender. We would like to learn new ways of work, find new tricks and workflows used by the best. If you care, you can prepare your own subjects for discussions. We plan to afford some hi-end computer equipment for tests and small computer lab with 10-20 units which will be available during the conference. All for testing, discussing and sharing the Blender experience!
We can reserve a hotel for you, if you are a speaker and if you want us to do so. Locations of hotels are quite close to the Conference Place, it is at most few minutes of walk. The remaining participants have to register and check-in by themself, on they own. The hotels list can be found in the PPNT Info Letter Page, and here.
The conference is for adults who can speak English or Polish. If there are youngs who want to participate, they have to have a tutor (everybody should be registered separately). All speakers will be refunded! There is no conference fee. You have to register. All important things and questions you should send by email to the contact given in information section on this page.
Competition / Fun
Together with the Conference we plan to make a sponsor shows, with computer and mobile equipment. We plan to make a simple competition for all of the participants, excluding speakers (who can be in jury). The competitions rules are very similar to those set by Andrew Price (known as Blender Guru), and here are the rules:
- Must be created with Blender :)
- Only one entry per person.
- You may only enter into one category (Image or an Animation, not both).
- Minor post processing in Gimp, Photoshop or After Effects is allowed.
- Minimum size is 1280 px wide but the bigger the better (any aspect ratio is fine).
- Animations must be less than 60 seconds long. There is no minimum length.
- Your entry can be an old creation, however, look below.
- It must be your own work. No bought/borrowed or third party models allowed.
- All plugins are allowed except MakeHuman.
- Photographic elements are allowed, but must not make up a significant part of the image (sky backgrounds are okay).
- Animations are permitted to use live action, camera tracked video.
- Keep it family friendly. No overly sexual or gory images please.
- Your entry must fall in the following category: static image or animation.
- The winners will be asked to submit a .blend file to prove it’s creation
At the end of the Conference we select best works and the winners will got small prizes founded by sponsors.