Forum

Kurs Blendera dla wszystkich Polaków!

Calculating volumetric density with Nodes and Cycles

Autor Wątek: Calculating volumetric density with Nodes and Cycles  (Przeczytany 2217 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline Kevin Healy

• Nowy użytkownik
  • Reputacja +1/-0
  • Astronomer and Blender user!
    • MCC Planetarium
I've been experimenting with trying to create an elliptical galaxy or other "soft" object using volumetric material.

However, filling a cube or sphere with a basic material and rendering always produces sharp boundaries to the material. This is quite unrealistic for the distribution of stars or gas in astronomical objects.

I thought of using a Gaussian function (e^-R^2) to calculate the density inside a cube. This works very well. The nodes in my .blend file are labeled, but I plan to create a single node group with named inputs and outputs. In the meantime, take a look and see what you think.

One question: Is there a way of programming density calculations using a Python script inside Blender?

Offline Piotr

• Administrator
  • Ekspert
  • Reputacja +193/-8
  • BFCT
    • Polski Kurs Blendera
Odp: Calculating volumetric density with Nodes and Cycles
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: 20141009, 17:57:01 »
Yeah, very nice and quite outstanding node setup! Sorely you can calculate not only radial densities, but also of any kind of distribution, having proper math and using python, either by python nodes, or as OSL shaders with its own language, which I think is the preferred and fastest way.
-piotr-

© Polski Kurs Blendera, CC-BY, 2014